At Kayben Landscaping, our vision is to be the most trusted landscaping contractor in the Okotoks area. Landscape labourers play a key role in fulfilling the company’s vision. Their role is to assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of landscape elements. The company’s reputation of high quality work and outstanding customer experiences depend on the skill and professionalism of the designers, the administrative staff, landscape managers, foremen/women and labourers.
What you'd be responsible for in this role: (aka Deliverables)
- Producing a minimum of 40 effective field hours of work per week.
- Upholding the company’s 90% positive review ratings
- Following the company’s safety standards
- Winter work if available (snow removal)
What your days will include:
- Shoveling and hand raking of soil, gravel, mulch and sand
- Preparing for and laying sod
- Planting trees, shrubs and perennials
- Assist in the construction of patios, decks and fences and other hardscape structures
- Digging and basketing trees if applicable
- Using ride-on and push mowers and string trimers
- Spring and fall clean up of garden beds
- Snow removal (November - March)
- Edging, pruning, fertilizing and weed control
- Participating in morning meetings with the crew to gain full understanding of projects and the daily and weekly goals.
- Participating in morning meetings with the crew to discuss the jobsite hazards.
- Continually improve your skills in operating frequently used tools and equipment
- Participating in the care, cleaning & organizing of jobsites, equipment, tools and trucks
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating heavy objects
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
- Regular exposure to conditions including heat, humidity, and dust
- Repetitive work
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- Exposure to high noise levels
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in wide variety of weather conditions
- Basic knowledge of common power tools
- Ability to complete routine tasks without supervision
- Ability to follow verbal directions and job specifications
- Prior experience in construction, horticulture or physical labour
- Available for a minimum of 4 months of fulltime work
ALL email correspondence comes from this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please add it to your contacts so you don't miss being invited to a pre-qualification phone call or in-person interview.