At Kayben Landscaping, our vision is to be the most trusted landscaping contractor in the Okotoks area. Landscape foremen/women play a key role in fulfilling the company’s vision. Their role is to oversee the construction, installation, and maintenance of softscape and hardscape landscape elements. The company’s reputation of high quality work and outstanding customer experiences depend on the skill and professionalism of the designers, the administrative staff, landscape managers, foremen/women and labourers.
What you'd be responsible for in this role: (aka Deliverables)
- Complete projects on schedule & on budget with no deficiencies at walk-through.
- Maintain 90% positive review ratings.
- Maintain company safety standards.
- Develop your leadership skills and the competence of your crew members.
- Winter work if available (snow removal and equipment maintenance)
What your days will include:
- Overseeing and working alongside landscape labourers in the construction of patios, decks and fences and other hardscape structures
- Managing job costs and crew hours to meet schedule and budget
- Managing workmanship and quality control on jobsites
- Communicating with clients to manage project details and changes
- Digging and basketing trees if applicable
- Leading morning meetings with the crew to gain full understanding of projects and the daily and weekly goals.
- Leading morning meetings with the crew to discuss the jobsite hazards.
- Enforcing safety standards
- Ongoing coaching and training of less experienced crew members
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors
- Operation of tools, machinery, or equipment
- Regular exposure to conditions including heat, humidity, and dust
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- Exposure to high noise levels
- 10 hour days, Monday - Friday
- Minimum 3 years work experience in landscape construction (hardscapes and softscapes)
- Minimum 1 year experience in leading a team
- Ability to work outdoors in wide variety of weather conditions
- Ability to read and follow landscape drawings and specifications
- Skilled in using powered equipment such as skid steers, mini excavator, truck and trailer etc.)
- Valid driver's license
- Available for a minimum of 8 months of fulltime work
ALL email correspondence comes from this email address: email@example.com Please add it to your contacts so you don't miss being invited to a pre-qualification phone call or in-person interview.
What you should know about our values before applying (whether things are good, or times are rough, this is how we roll)
- We’re relentlessly positive and hopeful - There will always be new challenges; but there IS an answer, and we WILL find it.
- We’re always improving – We’ll never stop learning, being creative and adapting. We fully commit to our own growth and to setting up other team members for growth.
- Honesty & Integrity – We stick to our word and our standards so our customers and co-workers can trust us. We bravely admitting our mistakes and address things that aren’t right or need to be addressed. We know how to apologize and how to accept an apology.
- Excellence – We relentlessly pursue excellence in every step of the customer experience. Excellence means we don't walk away from the job if there are still deficiencies.
- Effectiveness – We spend our time on the things that really matter is what makes us effective. There’s no sense in running hard in the wrong direction.
- We're all allowed to be human – No one on our team has to apologize for what makes them unique, but no one gets to make excuses for unacceptable behavior. (you are allowed to be weird; but you are not allowed to act like an jerk)