At Kayben Landscaping, our vision is to be the most trusted landscaping contractor in the Okotoks area. Landscape foremen/women play a key role in fulfilling the company’s vision. Their role is to oversee the construction, installation, and maintenance of softscape and hardscape landscape elements. The company’s reputation of high quality work and outstanding customer experiences depend on the skill and professionalism of the designers, the administrative staff, landscape managers, foremen/women and labourers.
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE…
- A track record of setting and achieving ambitious goals for yourself
- A reputation for giving clear direction and constructive feedback
- A proven ability to solve problems and make sound decisions
- At least 2 years of experience in leading a landscape construction crew
- A wide range of equipment operating experience such as: grading, trenching, earthworks and driving a truck and trailer
- Physical strength and stamina (it’s hard, outdoor work)
What you'd be responsible for in this role: (aka Deliverables)
- Complete projects on schedule & on budget with no deficiencies at walk-through.
- Maintain 90% positive review ratings.
- Maintain company safety standards.
- Develop your leadership skills and the competence of your crew members.
- Winter work if available (snow removal and equipment maintenance)
What your days will include:
- Overseeing and working alongside landscape labourers in the construction of patios, decks and fences and other hardscape structures
- Managing job costs and crew hours to meet schedule and budget
- Managing workmanship and quality control on jobsites
- Communicating with clients to manage project details and changes
- Digging and basketing trees if applicable
- Leading morning meetings with the crew to gain full understanding of projects and the daily and weekly goals.
- Leading morning meetings with the crew to discuss the jobsite hazards.
- Enforcing safety standards
- Ongoing coaching and training of less experienced crew members
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors
- Operation of tools, machinery, or equipment
- Regular exposure to conditions including heat, humidity, and dust
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- Exposure to high noise levels
- 10 hour days, Monday - Friday
- Minimum 3 years work experience in landscape construction (hardscapes and softscapes)
- Minimum 2 years experience in leading a team
- Ability to work outdoors in wide variety of weather conditions
- Ability to read and follow landscape drawings and specifications
- Skilled in using powered equipment such as skid steers, mini excavator, truck and trailer etc.)
- Clean driving record
ALL email correspondence comes from this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please add it to your contacts so you don't miss being invited to a pre-qualification phone call or in-person interview.
What you should know about our values before applying (whether things are good, or times are rough, this is how we roll)
Integrity Doing what’s right, even when it costs us. Keeping our word; to each other and to our clients.
Courage Boldly facing challenges, because there IS and answer and we WILL find it. Bravely leaning into conflict and humbly taking responsibility for our mistakes.
Continuous improvement Always increasing our potential, taking risks, learning and adapting to change.
Getting Results Setting ambitious goals, and cultivating the systems, processes and habits required to reach them.
Community Looking out for each other, supporting each other, and having fun together.